Thursday, August 25, 2011

A Zutter-licious Project!

We are pleased to share this project with you from the

Design Team from Donna Salazar Designs!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi everyone!  Natasha, here... I am extremely excited (and a wee bit nervous) to share my first project with you!  I wanted to create a unique layout that captures the joy I felt when my baby girl was born.  Let me show you what I came up with!
This is the cover of my layout.  A cover?  For a layout?  I know... it seems odd, but this is what makes this project unique.  :o)  I used Corrugated Board by Zutter and painted it white to create a shabby look.  I also added lace that joins in the center to create a tie-closure.  This project is bound together using the Zutter Bind-It-All.  I LOVE this machine!  It is so easy to use and there are so many projects that can be created with it.
 I created the large flower using Donna Salazar's gorgeous Spring in Bloom papers.  I adore the variety of beautiful colors and designs of this collection.
 I enhanced this embossed chipboard butterfly with Clearsnap Cat's Eye Fluid Chalk Queue in Misty Meadow and Smooch Spritz in Pralines and Cream.  I also sprinkled on a little Fairy Dust Glitter in Pralines and Cream.
 These chipboard leaves were also covered in Fairy Dust Glitter in Sugar Shimmer.
And a little more glitter... can you tell I LOVE this stuff?
Now comes the actual 'layout' part...
This is the inside of my project.  This is actually my first double layout and I had a blast creating it!  I combined different designs from the Spring in Bloom collection.
I created my own flowers using Donna's Crafty Chronicle.  If you are not familiar with The Crafty Chronicle,  it is an acid-free periodical filled with ads, word games, maps, horoscopes and more.  It has the perfect paper weight for creating hand-made flowers.  I was a little sad about cutting it up because I really enjoyed reading it.  :o)  The flower was spritzed with Smooch Spritz in Pralines and Cream, Mixed Berries and Frosted Grape and covered in Mixed Berry Fairy Dust Glitter.  To adhere the glitter, I used Glue Gloss by Clearsnap.
 This chipboard corner was spritzed with Pralines and Cream and Mixed Berries Smooch Spritz and accented with Colorbox Cat's Eye Pigment Ink in Chestnut.
 The title was created using the same technique as the butterfly on my cover.
 I tend to do a lot of hand-stitching on my projects.  I love the texture it adds and I find it therapeutic.  :o)
 All of the edges of my project were distressed using a Zutter Distrezz-It-All and inked using Colorbox ink.
This is the quote that my title was derived from.  It reads: "A new baby is like the beginning of all things- wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities." -Edna J. Le Shan. Supplies Used: - Spring in Bloom Collection 12x12 Paper Pad by Donna Salazar for GCD Studios - The Crafty Chronicle by Donna Salazar for GCD Studios - Zutter Bind-It-All - Owire Bindings by Zutter - Zutter Distrezz-It-All - Zutter Corrogated Board by Donna Salazar - Colorbox Cat's Eye Fluid Chalk Queue by Clearsnap in Misty Meadow
Colorbox Cat's Eye Pigment Ink by Clearsnap in Chestnut
- Glue Gloss by Clearsnap - Fairy Dust Glitter by Clearsnap in Mixed Berry, Pralines & Cream, Sugar Shimmer - Smooch Spritz by Clearsnap in Mixed Berries, Pralines and Cream, Vanilla Shimmer, Frosted Grape - The Dusty Attic chipboard elements I hope you enjoyed my project.  I had so much fun creating it!   Have a beautiful day!
NATASHA NARANJO AGUIRRE

11 comments:

Wende said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!

mariella said...

very veru wonderful project!!!!

ufoide@gmail.com said...

this project is absolutely wonderful. Not only is teneder and sweet the subject, but it has a real shabby chic look, and it's elegant at the same time. Every little thing is perfectly realized. Wonderful...i'm not getting tired to look at this. I hope my english is good enough, I write from italy.
Lots of wishes for your baby.
Melania

Julia Dunnit said...

It's really lovely Natasha - I love the idea of a Double Lo in such a format. I hope you have a lovely stand to display this on!

Fleursbydesign said...

Very pretty - love all the details

Jan Hennings said...

Just beautiful and love all the detail!

Anita Bownds said...

wow that is beautiful,i totally love the photos they are super sweet..

Bast said...

This is just gorgeous! The colors, the textures, the embellies! I love it.

have seen some of your work before and it is just amazing. TFS

KimMJ
bast830@comcast.net

ScrappinLizzi said...

This album is so pretty, I love all the embelishments and fluff.. The pics of the baby are the cutest ever. You are really a talented artist and it shows in your work.

ScrappinLizzi said...

I love love love your album.. the embelishments the colors the fluff and bling.. So pretty and then of course the baby is the cutest. You are a talented artist and It shows in your work.

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Beautiful and amazing, you go GF!