Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Oh So Sweet, Cupcake Recipe Display

           Hello Friends! Heather here to share a super fun and quick project that makes a great gift for the baker in your family. Using the Display-it-All I created a Cupcake Recipe book for my sister in law who makes the most amazing cupcakes (especially the Resse's with peanut butter frosting, yum!!) I whipped this project up in under two hours and I am super excited to share the details with you all today.

First, start off by spray painting the pieces of the Display-it-All, two coats of white spray paint covered it nicely. While your stand is drying, cut out your chipboard, paper, and recipe cards. I was able to find a pack of 25 recipe cards at my local craft store for $1.99, and used those as a template to size my chipboard and paper. I used my Round-it-All to round all of the corners to give the book a softer look. Punch your holes and bind with 3/4" Pink O-Wire and attatch to your Display-it-All stand.

Now you can start the fun part, decorating the cover and inner pages! I used a few simple images from my Silhouette SD to add some kitchen themed die cuts and tabs, tied some coordinating ribbon to the O-Wire, and I have a one of a kind recipe book. Hope I have inspired you to create your own sweet recipe book today.

Best,
Heather 
Front Cover of the Recipe Book. I used 2 cupcake liners to make an
easy and cute flower on the front.
I added lots of recipe cards and also a few blanks pages to add pictures.
                                    The rolling pin and tabs were cut using my Silhouette



Zutter Products Used:

Other Products:
*Pink and Blue Cardstock
*Cupcake Paper, The Paper Studio
*Recipe Cards, The Paper Studio
*Cupcake liners
*Satin White Spray Paint
*Ribbon
*Silhouette SD Macine for die cuts